I believe it is critically important that we have a vision for the coming year. Yes, some might call this vision, “resolutions”, but I think it is far more than that. I believe that the Lord is busy speaking to His Own, and giving us direction, focus & “vision” for the days ahead. Despite the fact that there is no “New Year” in the realm of our Lord, I do think that He does minister to us, in times, moons, festivals & seasons, as we understand and measure time.
Annually, Shelley & I seek the Lord as the New Year approaches, asking Him for insights & direction, into the day ahead. 2013 was no exception as the Lord laid an unmistakable foundation in Shelley & my life with “A Call to Holiness”, a call to “Personal Discipleship” and “A Return to Absolute Scriptural Authority”. This manifested in our ministry opportunities, general relationships, our personal lives, and all over my Facebook page! We also experienced an exciting & significant re-focus on our family (adult children & grandchildren); all the while sadly, witnessing far too many of our friends and disciples, fall into the deceptions of “permissive grace”, “un-scriptural liberties” & “justified sin.” As a result, the year was a roller-coaster of joyous times & disappointing realities; all of which left Shelley & I praying more diligently than ever: “Hold us close Lord; and keep us from deception.”
As for 2014, I would encourage each of you to specifically ask the Lord for “vision” for the upcoming year. I don’t mean to get a “feeling that will merely result in “I wish ________________” or “I resolve to ______________”, but rather, “In the Lord Jesus, I envision ______________________”. For the Lord has given “vision” to each of His children for the days ahead. However, to have “faith” in a “vision” for the coming days, you have first heard from the Lord. And, you are likely hearing, but may not recognize His voice, or you may be distracted, or you might just be fearful and doubt that it can be so. I encourage you to listen to Him. Get still before Him, with pen and paper and your copy of the Scriptures. Listen and be prepared to write. Then, get excited.
By way of example, I share with you what Shelley and I, in the Lord, are envisioning, with great anticipation, will come to pass in 2014:
1) That we will search out, together, the scriptures to know Him more & to love Him more
2) That we (specifically me, Gary) will increase our faith – taking significant, deliberate steps, in response to what He has clearly spoken to us
3) That we see victory in the lives of those who are near us, that have hungry hearts to know & love God
4) That we will increase our prayer life, together and individually
5) That we will continue to disciple those the Lord has brought our way, both in Christ, and those searching for Christ – primarily, it seems, with other couples.
6) (And again for me) That I will faithfully use this blog, as prompted by the Holy Spirit, as a means of advancing His Kingdom in the earth.
We will envision what the Lord has shown us, and look forward to it with great anticipation in the coming days, weeks & months.
I encourage you to do the same.
For The Kingdom!